Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Happy 4th!!


What a wonderful weekend! I LOVE the 4th of July (I get it from my dad!!) It marks the middle of summer and who doesn't love fireworks! This year's celebration didn't disappoint!

Our church does a full musical concert and awesome display of fireworks every year on the 3rd. And when I say fireworks...I don't mean 10 explosions spread out over a few minutes. I mean...this rivals any small community firework display! I wouldn't miss it for anything. Simply amazing!!



Living in Nashville, you get the big city feel in a very managable-size! On the 4th, we always head downtown for the fireworks.



Twenty minutes of solid explosions...we just stood there with our mouths open!


We took lawn chairs and ended up standing. There are no words...you just have to visit and experience it for yourself!


Here is a shot from the pedestrian bridge where a ton of folks stood to watch the fireworks over the water.



Speaking of Nashville, today my daughter, Madeline, and I meet my dad downtown for lunch. There is a city bus that is free during the day, so we hopped the bus at my dad's office and headed to Panara Bread next to the Ryman Auditorium.

(Ryman on the left and Bridgestone Arena on right)

After we dropped my dad back off at the office, we walked back to the Farmer's Market where we parked our car...just another fabulous spot in Nashville!

I love this town!


Like I said...what a wonderful holiday weekend! If you are ever up for a road trip over the 4th...our door is always open. Come on down!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment